These case studies illustrate how ASBC members and other businesses engage in practices that support the triple bottom line of ”people, planet, and profit.” These companies have found ways to take the high road from a social and environmental standpoint, without undermining their growth and profitability — and in some cases making their business even more successful in conventional financial terms.
Some of these case studies also show how ASBC members and others are engaging in policy advocacy to encourage and/or mandate the adoption of enlightened practices across the economy.
We hope these case studies provide inspiration and information to help your business to do well by doing good.
Other Case Studies:
- Hackensack University Medical Center: Hospitals Leading the Way on Safer Chemicals & Products
- EILEEN FISHER Takes the High Road on Pay and Medical Leave
- UncommonGoods: Strengthens Its Bottom Line with Good Workplace Policies
- Seventh Generation: Bringing Transparency to Chemicals Management
- Lullaby Earth: Proving That Chemical Safety and Good Business Are Like Pillow and Pillowcase
- Naturepedic: Creating Safer Products, New Jobs and Business Opportunities, While Spurring Innovation
- Catholic Healthcare West: Why Health Care Needs Federal Chemicals Reform
- Construction Specialties: Green Buildings Need Safer Chemicals Policy Reform
- Kaiser Permanente: Using Safer Chemicals in Products to Support Preventive Health Care
- Perkins + Will: Taking a Precautionary Approach to Chemicals in Products