We're looking for passionate, energetic, and talented internship candidates to help us to build a vibrant, just, and sustainable economy. Your role will give you an opportunity to learn about policy development and policy advocacy while developing and promoting ASBC's initiatives, and informing the business community, policy makers, and the public about sustainability. We’re looking for individuals who can write well, have good research skills, are facile with social media and interested in sustainability and politics. You will join a fun, passionate team, working for an important cause—and build your own skills and network in the process.
Do you have a passion for sustainability? Do you want to work with forward thinking businesses? We are looking for policy interns to start on a rolling basis. ASBC is a business organization based in DC with organizational and business members from all across the country ranging in size from national brands to local restaurants. We work on a range of policy areas, including: financial reform, healthcare, chemicals policy, climate change and business taxes and workplace issues. We’re looking for interns to assist with research, Capitol Hill and government agency meetings, business events, and more! Interns receive a stipend depending on experience level.
Candidates should have an interest in policy making, government relations, and business.
- Support policy team on research projects including white pages & talking points
- Attend Capitol Hill meetings & briefings on behalf of ASBC
- Research and track legislation
- Engage business leaders for campaign involvement
- Draft campaign language for website & business leader education
- Track state & federal campaigns on assigned policy issues
- Represent ASBC at coalition meetings
- Support senior staff on special projects
Interested candidates should send a resume to Bryan McGannon: firstname.lastname@example.org. The internship is located at our headquarters in Washington, DC.
We're looking for a passionate, energetic, and talented communications intern to learn about communications involving policy development and advocacy. Help us engage media and our online community. Your role will involve supporting our media relations efforts, doing research for published articles and reports, and engage with our member base and others via Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and more.
Candidates should have a major in marketing, communications, social media and/or public relations. The internship is located at our headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Support social media for upcoming polling releases and major campaign actions
- Research journalists to engage for future cultivation
- Help research and develop stories to place as a feature about ASBC
- Work with ASBC policy team to bring policy depth to social media
- Help develop new strategies to engage the media and the public
- Assist with review and update of current campaigns
- Support public relations at DC press events, building awareness of ASBC
If you're interested please email a resume to Bob Keener: email@example.com.