Join ASBC's 2014 Business Summit
Accelerating the Policies that Advance a Sustainable Economy
ASBC’s 3rd Annual Washington, D.C. Summit – November 12-14
- Online Registration
- Summary Agenda
- Detailed Agenda (PDF)
- Why Attend?
- Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Hill Meeting Report
Register online today to reserve your seat at the table for ASBC’s 3rd Annual Business Summit in Washington, D.C.:
When: November 12-14, 2014
Where: Washington, D.C.
Who: Open to ASBC Members and Invited Guests
Register: Space is strictly limited so please register online today!
Please book your reservation at the Beacon Hotel in downtown Washington, D.C. as soon as possible! The Beacon will have underground valet parking and wifi available. Rooms are available at a significant discount and are filling up quickly. Alternatively, if you would like to stay at the Club Quarters Hotel, also located in Washington, D.C., please inquire about rooms with Lakita Mcneil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
►Read the fact sheets for the Beacon or Club Quarters for more information.
Join us at the 3rd Annual Business Summit in Washington, D.C. for an up-close and candid opportunity to exchange ideas with the White House and Members of Congress.
With a new Congress coming to D.C., the 2014 fall Summit enables sustainable businesses to influence the policies that will make the American economy more vibrant and just. Gain valuable insight into where policy is evolving in 2015, and learn how your company or organization can help shape the agenda.
“It’s the most dynamic, hands-on opportunity I’ve ever experienced to have access to legislators, learn how they really think and move the dial towards creating a
policy agenda that really matters.”
—Jeffrey Hollender, co-founder Seventh Generation
- Spend concentrated time with some of the country’s leading policymakers, and tell government leaders what needs to happen on key policy issues: climate, tax and chemical reform, minimum wage, sustainable agriculture, small business capital access and other issues.
- Create valuable, working relationships with elected officials and regulators that can help shape policy outcomes in the new 114th Congress.
- Gain visibility in the media as you tell your business story.
- Network with and learn from over 100 leaders of the most innovative and responsible businesses in the country.
- Secure valuable skills in organizing, media relations and advocacy that will allow your company/organization to have a greater impact in advancing your sustainable policy agenda.
- Increase your understanding of the policy process and how you can influence it.
- Seize the opportunity to take your place at the table and understand what makes Congress and the White House tick at the 2014 ASBC Business Summit.
“Don’t miss the Summit! It’s the best forum I know for leaders of sustainable businesses to work together on critical policy issues.”
—Deb Nelson, Executive Director, Social Venture Network.
Summit Scholarship Fund
As much as possible, we want to make sure that no member organization or business is unable to attend the November 12-14 Summit because of limited financial resources. Our Summit Scholarship Fund helps to offset some of the costs associated with participating in the Summit.
Scholarships will be awarded to under-resourced organizations and emerging businesses. Special attention is given to business leaders who are millennials and/or from communities of color.
We have a limited pool of money and are unlikely to be able to accommodate all requests. However, we’ll do our best to fulfill as many as possible. Scholarships will average $500 per recipient.
Please submit in writing (100 words max) why your organization/company needs a scholarship. Indicate how attending the Summit will help enhance your capacity to engage in the policy process.
All applications must be submitted to Richard Eidlin no later than October 20th. Decisions will be made on a rolling basis.
|“ASBC has been tireless advocates for policies that will help us grow our|
economy while ensuring a more sustainable future.”
—Steny Hoyer (D-MD), U.S. Representative
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
ASBC incurs significant expenses prior to the event. And we are committed to offering the event at a very affordable price. It is therefore necessary that we maintain the following refund and cancellation policy:
- Tickets are fully transferable. The buyer of the ticket needs to email: email@example.com with the following information about the new attendee: name, email address, cell phone number, job title, company, city & state of residence.
- All cancellations or transfer requests must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will refund the net amount of the ticket in full up to 45 days before the event (the Eventbrite fee is not refundable.)
- We will refund 50% of the net amount of the ticket up to 30 days before the event.
- Cancellations requested within 20 days of the event will not be refunded for any reason. No exceptions.
- No-shows will not be refunded for any reason. No exceptions.
- We do not give credit toward the following year’s conference.