Sierra Business Council
Sierra Business Council fosters thriving communities in the Sierra Nevada region through “on the ground” local projects that promote, develop and amplify the area’s social, environmental and economic capital.
Who we are:
- SBC focuses on Sierra Nevada-wide sustainability solutions
- SBC has a nearly 20 year history in the region
- SBC takes concepts from academia, politics and think tanks and innovates practical ways to apply them as on-the-ground action for rural areas. This is a model for other rural areas to follow on their path to sustainability.
- SBC’s network of members and partners spans the entire Sierra and beyond, and across the political spectrum.
- SBC’s advocacy on behalf of responsible business makes it a valuable ally capable of getting past heated political debates