Building Materials Reuse Association
What We Stand For: We are increasing opportunities for the recovery and reuse of building materials in an environmentally sound and financially sustainable way.
Objectives of the BMRA:
- Providing opportunities for Members and other interested parties to share information and increase knowledge and understanding of deconstruction and reuse of building materials.
- Educating the construction and demolition industry, the general public, institutional and governmental organizations about:
- Benefits of deconstructing buildings for reuse and recycling ways that used building materials may stimulate economic activity via new markets and job creation while also promoting environmental benefits.
- Certifications and standards that will increase the marketability, value and use of reclaimed building materials in new and renovation construction projects.
- And conducting research and creating new knowledge that enhances BMRA's educational and environmental mission.
•Reduce the consumption of new resources
•Reduce landfill waste and pollution
•Create value-added markets and increase cost-effectiveness
•Expand job opportunities and workforce development skills
•Promote the sustainability of communities and the environment through resource preservation