ASBC is the leading business advocacy group working to implement public policies that build a sustainable economy. Hear our founders and members explain what we do and why it matters at the federal and state level.
The American Sustainable Business Council family of organizations includes two separate and complementary entities: the American Sustainable Business Council, and the American Sustainable Business Institute.
The American Sustainable Business Council operates under IRS code 501(c)(4). Its advocates for policy change at the federal and state level that supports a more sustainable economy. The Council spans a growing network of business associations across the United States, which in turn represents over 200,000 businesses and 325,000 business executives, owners, investors, and others.
The American Sustainable Business Institute, a distinct legal entity, operates under IRS code 501(c)(3). It offers programs that educate and inform the public and policy makers about the benefits of a more sustainable economy, and about policies and practices that can help the economy become more sustainable.
American Sustainable Business Council promotes a sustainable economy in numerous ways:
- We advocate for legislation and other policy actions.
- We facilitate testimony by leaders of sustainable businesses before Congress and other policy bodies.
- We provide a platform that enables policy makers and policy experts to engage with business executives, owners, investors, entrepreneurs, and other business professionals.
- We help our members and others engage with the media on matters relating to sustainability.
- We conduct polling of the owners of sustainable and small businesses, to understand their views on policy issues.
- We commission research on policy issues that involve sustainability.
- We communicate to businesses, policy makers, and the media how a sustainable economy based on triple bottom line principles (people, planet, and profit) is good for business and good for America in the public debate.